This is a guest post by Megan Roosevelt, RD, LD. It originally appeared here
I love noodles and I love vegetables. I think it’s safe to say, I love food! The other day I was in the mood for a cold, crisp, refreshing meal that also had some texture and was simple to make! Ta Da! Vegetable noodles! So delicious and easy, with a creamy avocado sauce, raw salted sunflower seeds, and fresh cherry tomatoes it was delicious! No cooking required, just prep and eat!
Vegetable Noodles with Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 tablespoons raw salted sunflower seeds
- 2 medium very ripe avocados
- 1 pinch of Kosher sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of water
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Rosemary seed crackers, or any cracker of choice!
- Using a julienne peeler, you will create “noodles” from freshly washed cucumber and carrots
- In a small blender or food processor, add the avocado (skin and pit removed), lemon juice, sea salt and water and blend until creamy
- Spread avocado sauce on the center of your plate, and add a large handful of vegetables noodles on top
- Sprinkle noodles with sunflower seeds, then add tomatoes and crackers on the side
Yes, these noodles spiral on your fork!
Megan Roosevelt is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian known as the “Healthy Grocery Girl®”. She is an author, regular nutrition expert for TV, radio, magazines, and a dynamic entrepreneur as the founder and CEO of Healthy Grocery Girl®