Broccoli is a low calorie, big benefit vegetable. For a mere 27 calorie per serving (1/2 cup, 78 grams) you’ll get a wealth of nutrients. Scroll down for more on broccoli nutrition + links to some healthy broccoli recipes!
- Only 27 calories per 1/2 cup cooked
- 10% of daily fiber (3 g)
- 25% Vitamin A
- 85% Vitamin C
- 138% Vitamin K
- 21% of Folate
So how can I get more broccoli into my life?
- Look for a recipe you like. Our Pinterest Healthy Recipes board has lots of broccoli options. Don’t give up on broccoli!
- Try roasting broccoli and keeping it around as a handy snack. The next time you peek in the fridge for a snack that’s ready, it will be ready to go.
- Steam it, chop it up and “sneak” it into other dishes, like stir fries, rice dishes, casseroles, pizza and omelets.
- Don’t be a stickler for the stems – when kids or grown ups first are introduced to broccoli, it’s not always the easiest part to eat or digest. Go easy on folks who aren’t quite used to it.
- Eat it raw, dip small florets in soy sauce and bon apetit…
How do you do broccoli?