Drink More water!
1. Temperature: Find out which water temperature you like the most, and make sure you always have some on hand. If you like water ice cold, find a container where you can keep it iced all day.
2. Flavor: Add lemon juice, lime juice, orange slices, cucumber slices, berries or herbs/herb extracts (like peppermint).
3. Bubbles: If you like soda, try sparkling mineral water or flavored sparkling mineral water: none of the calories and all of the carbonation.
4. Bottles: Having a water bottle you like around all the time will make you want to fill it up over and over – and show it off. BPA free of course.
5. Straws: Because sometime sipping from a straw can help you drink more.
6. Wake up with water: Starting your day with a glass of water is easier because you’re thirsty from that (hopefully) nice long night of sleep you’ve had.
7. Brew something: Sometimes we overlook tea as a source of hydration, but if you avoid caffeine and sugar, tea is a great hydrator!
8. Remember how good it is: Once you start a healthy water habit, you’ll start realizing how good you feel when you do drink water. And if you start losing weight, keep that in mind every time you think about drinking something else!
9. Use it as a diet tool: Before you reach for a snack, drink a glass of water. Before you eat, and in between meals, feelings of hunger can be mistaken for feelings of thirst. Drink more water and save calories when you’re really just thirsty.
10. Keep it clean: Tap water is usually fine, but sometimes water and even ice can get a funky flavor that makes you not want to drink it. So invest in a water filter, water filtration system, water softener, or water delivery. Anything that helps your water taste better is an investment worth making!