Yep! If you’re like many folks with a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) delivery OR you just like to buy in season, you’re probably swimming in cabbage. Don’t fret! Here are some recipes with reviews on stuffed cabbage, cabbage soup, pickled cabbage and bonus hide-the-cabbage recipes.
Make a Soup
- We like this classic and simple Rustic Cabbage soup recipe.
- If you’re into lots of spices and a vegetarian, you might enjoy this Vegetarian Cabbage soup recipe, which is the most like the “cabbage soup” diet soup you might have heard of.
- Finally, for a hearty soup, try this Irish Potato & Cabbage Soup, which comes with a bonus gluten free soda bread recipe.
Stuffing cabbage is easy once you get the hang of it. TIP: Freezing and thawing the cabbage (whole) before you use it to stuff can make the leaves softer and easier to work with. Here are some stuffed cabbage recipes we think you will love:
- Tomato Based Stuffed Cabbage (with meat).
- A more complicated Classic Stuffed Cabbage recipe with great instructional photos. Even if you don’t use the recipe check out the folding instructions.
- Here is an example of a terrible recipe from Food Network’s Sandra Lee – do not use it! You can see even with all her “short cuts” you would just be better off making it from scratch – in terms of time, price and quality.
If you’ve never pickled before, now could be your chance. Pickling is easy, environmentally friendly and makes for a fun activity.
- Are you a first time pickler? Try this simple recipe, no canning involved: Overnight Pickled Cabbage.
- If you’re more experienced and want to pickle for storage & are equipped, go for this recipe for Pickled Cabbage.
- If you can’t make cabbage the main star of a dish or you’re family has had enough, try sneaking it into dinner with this cool Corned Beef & Cabbage Pizza recipe.
- Another recipe that that disguises cabbage’s strong flavor is this Caramelized Cabbage Pasta recipe.
- You can take any stir fry recipe, slice the cabbage into thin ribbons and mix it with the noodles. Pairing it with other coarser chopped veggies (like carrots, broccoli & mushrooms) makes the cabbage blend in with the noodles.
Got any more cabbage recipe suggestions? Please leave them in comments!