Did you know Fooducate is on Pinterest?
We’re using this addictive online scrapbooking service as a place to share not just nutrition information, but also collection of fun, healthy recipes ideas around certain themes. For example, we’ve put together some of our favorite Easter recipe ideas on this board. Our most “repinned” idea was “Spring Chick Cupcakes” from MarthaStewart. (Repinning is similar to liking on Facebook).
Here’s what we like about Spring Chick Cupcakes recipe:
- These cupcakes are made from real ingredients. Unlike many recipes that suggest using cake mix or store-bought frosting, these cupcakes are from scratch AND yet the recipe is quite simple.
- This recipe uses healthy coconut. Yes, coconut flakes usually come with a bit of added sugar, but they are a good source of fiber.
- The chicks are kid friendly! There’s no decorating tube needed, it’s not overly complicated to prepare, and kids can see immediate results.
How to make these cupcakes even healthier:
- Choose unsulfured coconut with no more than 2.5 grams of sugar per .5 oz serving or be daring and go unsweetened.
- Use licorice without artificial coloring.
- Use raw almonds – no salt, no oils, just almonds.
If you have a recipe idea you’d like to share, please comment below. Maybe we’ll add it to our Pinterest board.